Let's walk together to honor Ruby Bridges Walk to School Day! (This MONDAY!!)
- What: Walk to school with your fellow BA families to celebrate Ruby’s courageous action and to show support for social justice, equity and inclusion in our schools. Students who participate will receive a Ruby Bridges bracelet, button or sticker.
- When: Meet at 8AM on Monday, November 14 (we will plan to start walking up Arroyo by 8:05AM, feel free to join us at any point along the way)
- Where: the Burton Park side of the intersection at Arroyo Ave and Cedar Street
Create and bring your inspirational posters inspired by Ruby Bridges' courage! Here's some example slogans:
- Ruby did it and so can you! Walk to school like Ruby!
- Ruby walked for justice and equity. So are we
- We are all equal. We walk in peace
- Ruby walks for all students
- Walking to end racism, one step at a time
- We walk with Ruby
- The walk for justice continues
- We’re walking for justice, just like Ruby
Ruby Bridges Walk to School “Beanie” Contest Congratulations to those students who were winners in our “beanie” contest. I’m looking forward to seeing all the purple hats on Monday morning during our Walk to School from Burton Park.
- TK: Anvika, Sven, Olive, Astrea
- K: Ava, Mason, Ellie C., Leander, Ayana, Xander, Nara, Owen E. Miller
- 1st: Olive D, Gianluca, Ben
- 2nd: Jack, Jane, Cora M., Sami, Torin, Zoe, Kaeno, Grayson, Madison, Lev, Clara, Sloane, Serena, Blake, Michael, Alec, Marin, Emilia, Kristina, Ximena, Carter, Maxwell
- 3rd: Maddie J, Casey R.