October 20th, 2019
The Brittan Acres Walk-A-Jog (WAJ) is a wonderful tradition dating back 32 years and is our biggest community event of the year. This is a fantastic event for the whole family! The students run, jog or walk around the BA blacktop, which provides a unique opportunity for the school community to gather while exercising and spending quality time together. Join friends and families for a casual carnival with food and games. We hope every student can participate!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, Oct. 17 - Walk-A-Jog bags with all WAJ items (write bands, lunch tickets, etc.) come home with students.
Friday, October 18 - Students are encouraged to wear their Walk-A-Jog t-shirts to school!
Sunday, October 20- Walk-A-Jog day!
CARNIVAL AND BBQ
While different grade levels are running or walking, students and families can enjoy the carnival games, inflatables, bake sale, rock wall, and face painting located all around the upper playground. Kids will win tickets and redeem prizes as they play the carnival games. Carnival wristbands will be available for purchase at the event. The carnival will stay open until 1 p.m.
Plan to come hungry for the BBQ lunch. Buy your BBQ tickets ahead of time as prices go up the day of the event. We are still looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of the prep and execution, so please contact Kimmie Greene, BBQ email@example.com if you are interested and we can find a role for you!
We will no longer be collecting pledges for WAJ. We are encouraging families and friends to support our PTA by donating to the Bruin Village at bapta.myschoolcentral.com.
Walk-A-Jog is a wonderful event, and takes a village to put on. Please sign-up to help.
- Check Point Volunteers- help mark off laps as the students run: https://signup.com/go/qYgoTOA
- BBQ grill masters needed for cooking lunch: https://signup.com/go/qYgoTOA
- Baked goods are needed for the Bake sale: https://signup.com/go/omRfBqc
- Mystery Wall Donations: Donate small (smaller than the size of a shoe box), gently used toys, left over party favors, company giveaways and unused coloring books for the Mystery Wall. Refer to the latest BA Blast for drop off location.
- Carnival Booths: Parents are invited to sign up on their classroom Shutterfly sites to help with their classroom carnival booths too.
- WAJ bag packing: help sort t-shirts and goodies into a bag for every student on October 17th. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/UKfHbgR
WAJ's success is also achieved through its strong partnership with local businesses. The best way to thank our awesome sponsors is to shop with them and visit their websites! Please thank the following sponsors the next time you see them:
- MA Private Wealth
- GDA Commercial
- Mariana Pappalardo Real Estate
- Michael Chang Orthodontics
- Dumas Realty
- Morrow Meadows
- Tatum Clarke
- Prima Printing
- Ten Toes
- CSagum Entertainment
- Bianchini's Market
- Junk King
QUESTIONS? Contact Angie Jongejan or Lauren Miskelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.